Time & Location
Sep 23, 2023, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Arts Center, 1702 Arendell St, Morehead City, NC 28557, USA
About the event
Workshop Title: Loosen Up & Paint BIG: Embracing Experimentation in Abstract Painting
Dates & Time: Postponed. Date is TBD. All registered attendees will be notified as soon as possible.
Class fee: $160
Bring a bagged lunch
Class Minimum: 4
Class Maximum: 6
SORRY - CLASS IS FULL
Loosen Up & Paint BIG! Embracing Experimentation in Abstract Painting with Ann Etheridge
Discover boundless possibilities of artistic expression through intuitive painting. This one-day workshop welcomes artists of all levels and is ideal for individuals wanting to discover their own painting style, reignite their creative spark, or simply have fun and explore new techniques.
Whether you are a beginner seeking to establish a solid foundation or an experienced artist wanting to break free from artistic limitations, this workshop is the perfect opportunity to expand your artistic horizons.
During this workshop, participants will:
• Develop Confidence and Embrace Creative Freedom: Break away from artistic constraints and perfectionism and embrace experimentation. Learn spontaneous approach to painting to activate the creative genius within you.
• Explore Various Painting Techniques: Dive into an array of painting techniques that create unique effects using traditional and unconventional painting tools. From expressive brushwork, creating visual texture and layers to mark-making and mixed media approaches.
• Uncover Your Unique Style: Ann will guide you through a series of exercises and prompts, to connect with YOUR creative flow. This approach will empower you to take risks, trust your instincts, and develop your own artistic voice to make truly one-of-a-kind creations.
Join us for a transformative and liberating workshop that will inspire you to approach painting with new-found freedom, curiosity, and JOY. Come prepared to let loose and get messy.
Participants Supplies to Bring:
1. Acrylic Paint - 8 oz. or 250 ml black and primary colors plus any other desired colors. 16 oz. titanium white. No oil or watercolor paints.
2. Brushes - varied sizes from thin line to 2-4”wide, inexpensive chip brushes and hardware store brushes work fine.
3. Palette knife
4. Plastic Putty Knife - my favorite is a 4” wide, found at hardware store.
5. Dry media - pens, pencils, markers, crayons, charcoal, graphite, oil sticks.
6. Water Spray bottle
7. Blue shop towel, this is a roll of blue colored heavy duty paper towel found at any hardware store.
8. Water bucket, a 4 quart size wide mouth container is my favorite, plus bring a smaller size water container, approx. 8-16 oz.
9. Paint apron or smock
10. Optional - Latex or nitrile gloves to protect hands. I love to paint with my hands!
Instructor will provide painting substrate, 32”x37” mixed media paper.