The Arts Council of Carteret County (ACCC) will be presenting its 29thannual exhibition, Art From The Heart, beginning Friday,
February 22, 2019 in Morehead City, NC.
We would love for you to participate!
Friday and Saturday, February 15 and 16 from 10:00 – 4:00 pm
Sunday, February 17 from 9:00 – 1:00 pm.
Art From The Heart (AFTH) is an eighteen day show and sale of original two- and three-dimensional artwork, including photography, that typically draws over 2,000 gallery visitors during the event, making it one of the largest regional shows in eastern NC. In 2018, the ACCC awarded $6,500 to artists who won recognition for their work with the show producing over $9,000 in artwork sales.
AFTH is open to artists 18 years of age or older at all levels of expertise. Artists are NOT required to be a member of the Arts Council of Carteret County to enter only if they live in Craven, Carteret, Onslow or Pamlico counties. Any non-member artist from outside these counties will need to join ACCC in order to participate in AFTH and may join at registration time. Current members of the ACCC may enter regardless of their county or state of residence. Memberships begin at $25/year.
A few other things to know:
– AFTH is a non-juried show featuring original artwork that has been created within the last two years.
– Photography will be judged separately from other artwork in the show. Typically, photography represents approximately one-third of the entries in Art From The Heart.
– Artists may enter two pieces of work that must be for sale. Each piece costs $10 to enter. The ACCC charges a 30% commission on all sales.
– When an artist sells a piece of artwork, the artist will be notified and offered an opportunity to immediately put another piece in the show. Rules and entry fees for additional pieces are the same as the rules for entry used at the beginning of the show.
– The judge for AFTH 2019 will be announced in January.
The ACCC intends Art From The Heart to be one of the most “artist friendly” shows possible.
More information regarding this show will be released in January, 2019. Check back to this page and web site for AFTH updates and the posting of more information including registration forms and rules of entry.
Questions? The ACCC can be contacted at email@example.com or 252-726-9156.
ART FROM THE HEART 2018
Download Show Program and Winner's List
The Arts Council of Carteret County (ACCC) hosted it’s 28th annual show and sale of original artwork, Art From the Heart from, February 16 to March 8, 2018.
The judge for Art From the Heart 2018 was professional artist and art teacher Bob Rankin from Raleigh, NC. To view his full resume and numerous selections of his work please go to his website at www.bobrankin.com. Mr. Rankin conducted a critique and commentary session at the Art From The Heart gallery.